Yesterday Amazon released a list of their bestselling items of 2007, which I find quite interesting. Some of them I agree with and others are completely mind-boggling. Here’s their list, with a few comments in italics:
SEATTLE, Dec 28, 2007 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) today released its “Best of 2007” lists, which include the bestselling, most positively reviewed, most-wished-for and favorite gift products as determined by Amazon.com customers in 2007.
The following is a list of the bestselling products on Amazon.com in 2007 by total units sold:
- Books: “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” by J.K. Rowling
Not too surprising, hmmm?
- Music: “Noel” by Josh Groban
WTF? This guy sounds like Michael McDonald’s retarded younger brother. Or Rick Astley’s retarded second cousin, I can’t decide which.
- DVD: “Planet Earth: The Complete BBC Series”
Excellent! This series is mind-blowingly beautiful and it’s good to see that so many people are into it.
- Electronics: Canon PowerShot A570IS 7.1MP digital camera
Hmmm, might be time to get a new pocket camera soon.
- Home & Garden: Pyrex storage sets
- Health & Personal Care: Omron HJ-112 digital premium pedometer
- Grocery: Senseo Douwe Egberts dark roast coffee pods
Yay for Senseo coffee pods! We have an Amazon subscription for these…a 4-pack (16 pods each) is delivered once a month. Very handy.
- Gourmet: Starbucks assortment gift basket by Wine Country Gift Baskets
- Computers: Nokia Internet tablet PC
I really want one of these. Seriously. But alas, we already have a laptop.
- Software: Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
C’mon, people, save your money and get Open Office already! It isn’t fancy but it does everything a student needs it to.
- Video Games: Nintendo Wii
But of course! I still don’t understand the Wii shortage in retail stores, but it’s worth all the trouble of getting one.
- Apparel & Accessories: Kenneth Cole Reaction men’s Eden wool peacoat
- Shoes and handbags: Jessica Simpson women’s Henri2 pump
Oh brother…Jessica Simpson pumps? People actually spent money on these??
- Sports & Outdoors: Perfect Pushup
- Home Improvement: Black & Decker 8-inch auto wrench
Well, that sounds pretty manly.
- Automotive: Actron AutoScanner diagnostic code scanner
- Jewelry: Sterling silver open double flower pendant
- Watches: LEGO kids’ watch
Again with the Lego stuff.
- Beauty: Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil
What the hell is a “mineral veil”? The brand name alone would be enough to put me off…if I was into this stuff, that is. 🙂
- Baby: Munchkin Mozart Cube
Sounds like another product to convince you that your child is a genius.
- Toys: Jakks EyeClops Bionic Eye
God, I would have loved one of these as a kid!